The day will cover:
The laws around inspections, risk assessment, etc, and what is required to comply - including an overview of British Standards that apply to play areas
The different types of play area and what types of maintenance programme is required for each type – including:
- Playgrounds – external specific park areas with fixed swings, slides, etc
- Permanently installed outdoor fitness equipment
- Play areas (external) – including equipment such as a sandpit, plastic rocking toys, plastic slide, climbing frame and push toys
- Play areas (inside a scheme) – such as a set aside area in a communal lounge with lego, plastic toys, dolls and teddies
- What training is required to be able to undertake inspection and maintenance
- What information should be contained in a policy for an organisation.
The course will be delivered by Stuart Griffiths, one of RoSPA’s experts in this field.